Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Feeling Silly

I feel kind of silly starting this blog, but it is mostly just a tool for me to motivate myself and track my development.  I have been a runner most of my life, but only sporadically for the last eight years or so.  Over the last year I have started running somewhat seriously again, and have gotten my 5K time down to 19:03.  While getting back in shape I started hearing about several cross country obstacle course races, including the MCRD Boot Camp Challenge.  With very little training I decided to run it, and completed the almost 3 mile course in 21:30.  I had so much fun that I went home and signed up for the Tough Mudder SoCal #2.

I have since been focusing on getting myself back into running shape, competing in four 5Ks.  I now have three months until the Tough Mudder and have decided to document this final push.  I will be gearing my workout for the grueling  10 mile trail run complete with 28 obstacles, and don't forget it is at altitude (6800-7800 feet).

Mostly I will be documenting my workouts, and sharing a little about my training philosophy and experimentation.  Anyone who wishes to follow along, and share their opinion, results, or input on things I should try that might help my fitness and performance, I would love to hear from you in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment