Monday, July 8, 2013

Time off

So it looks like I will be taking two weeks off from working out.  Sunday I woke up with a tightness in my chest I have never felt before, as the day went on it got worse to the point that I had difficulty breathing and went to urgent care.  Long story short, they gave me an EKG, which had abnormalities, and sent me to the ER.  They hit me with a barrage of tests, and decided the tightness was just some extreme inflammation and unrelated to the abnormal EKG.  The abnormal EKG is probably due to a condition called Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome, which I probably don't have, but likely the asymptomatic version (WPW pattern).  Anyway, to be safe the Dr. said no exercise until I am cleared by a cardiologist.  The earliest appointment I could get is 2 weeks.  They also hit me with a massive dose of steroidal anti-inflammatory, and today I feel nearly 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment