Saturday, December 26, 2015

Spartan Sprint L.A.

After the disappointment of the Socal Sprint #2 I recommitted to my training.  Went back to speed work and going to MROC once a week.

The course was 5 miles of hilly trails and 23 obstacles out at Castaic Lake, north of L.A.  The first half was mostly up hill and the second mostly down hill.  The obstacles were definitely backloaded.  I would say 16 were after the halfway point and 8 were in the last half mile.  I ran my best race to date and won my age group, 2nd in the Masters Div, 27th in Elite Men, and 28th over all.  I don't know the final points, but somewhere in the neighborhood of 220.  That's one goal checked off for the year (top three Masters) and a good start on the Spartan 300.

2 comments:

  1. Outstanding! I need something to motivate me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was good catching up today. Hopefully we can talk a bit more later in the week.

      Delete